This year is a memorial year which is five years after Dr.Masaki Hirabaru passed away. He was an initial member of 163 committee, and also had been served in several important positions. Thus he left great achievement in research and development of Internet technology. As COMPSAC is held in Japan, many researchers and businessmen are coming.
We would like to setup a meeting which we all can discuss about researches and future Internet, and try contributing new development on the Internet.
July 26, 2013
Registration and Donation
Go to Registration and Donation page handled by Mobile Broadband Association
- Symposium: Free for charge (Need advanced application – Could be OK to join on the day, but no guaranteed)
- Reception: 5000 yen Advanced application is needed. Fee should be paid at the venue.
- Donation: 5000 yen/unit Donation will be payable online at the donation page.
- Volunteers will set up a monument in the cemetery of Dr.Hirabaru. If you wish to participate to do this, please contribute for the monument. As we will invite Hirabaru family for the reception, the money will be used for their transportation fee.
- Even if you don’t participate the symposium, donation can be done by the above link.
- Currently the payment transaction by Paypal service has been temporarily stopped due to the Inconsistency of Paypal service policy. We are expecting resume the service within the next week. However you can submit your attendance.
- And also you can contribute the memorial plate by on site at Kyoto. Sorry for the Inconvenience.
- We changed the payment method. Please submit your contribution and financial donation for the memorial plate by submission page. We will send you invoice with bank information for your transaction or you can pay on-site at Kyoto. Sorry for the Inconvenience
Schedule (draft, updated on 2013/06/02)
|13:00-15:00||Live (Near Live) Invited Talk|
|Prof. Lee Bu Sung (Nanyang Technological University)|
|Marc Emmelmann (Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems)|
|Prof. Ma Yan (The China Education and Research Network) off-line video|
|15:15-16:15||Off-Line Invited Talks|
|Elise Gerich (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority)|
|Prof. Dae Young Kim (Chungnam National University)|
|Prof. Yanghee Choi (Seoul National University)|
|Prof. Xing Li (The China Education and Research Network)|
|Prof. Chalermpol Charnsripinyo (National Electronics and Computer Technology Center)|
|Jacqueline Brown (Pacific Northwest Gigapop)|
|John Hicks (Indiana University)|
|16:30-17:30||JP Invited Talks|
|Reviving hirabaru.org, Kazu Yamamoto (IIJ)|
|JPNIC and APNIC – an integral part of the sustainable Internet that Dr Hirabaru had created for us, Akinori Maemura (Japan Network Information Center)|
|Measurement and Operation in APAN-JP, Jin Tanaka (KDDI)|
|IEEE 802.11ai, Hiroshi Mano (Allied Telesis)|
|17:30-||Closing, Prof. Jun Murai (Keio University)|
- Research Institute for Information Technology., Kyushu University
Held in conjunction with
- IEEE COMPSAC2013 (July 22-26)
- Cirrus Workshop 2014 in Kyoto (July 24)